Join Our Farm Team!
Now Accepting Applications for the 2021 Growing Season
Sweet 16 Farm is looking for someone passionate about sustainable farming, who is eager to spend a season in the soil. The job will include greenhouse work, hi-tunnel work, field work and a willingness to be outside in all types of weather. Previous growing experience is required. Being able to balance this fast-paced, high energy work environment while maintaining attention to detail is critical to our success. While the work we do is incredibly rewarding, the bending, kneeling, and repetitious tasks make it very labor intensive. A strong work ethic, solid communication skills, detailed record keeping, and the ability to work independently as well as with a team are essential. You should also be able to comfortably lift 60lbs and operate small-sized farm equipment.
Position: Crew Member (part time)
We will prioritize applicants who are able to commit to the entire season (March – November). Employees are encouraged to return to the farm for multiple seasons of employment.
Crew members will participate in all aspects of the farm’s daily operations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- soil and bed preparation
- seedling production
- harvest: annual and perennial flowers and forage
- flower stem prep, bouquet building
- CSA distribution: CSA drop offs in La Crosse, Winona, Lanesboro and Rochester
- irrigation management
- tiller operation – safe use, tillage, basic implement operation
- seasonal flexibility in the spring and fall
- summer harvest season requires 5:30am start (at least two days per week)
- farm events. There are three events each year here at the farm and we will need increased help in the days leading up to them as well as on the days of. The dates of our 2021 events are as follows: Mother’s Day Weekend Plant Sale: first week in May, Co-op Farm Tour: July 10, and Hop Harvest Fest: August 28.
- excellent organizational and communication skills
- ability to take initiative, work in both a group and independently
- attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment
- experience working on a farm is strongly preferred
- ability to lift up to 60 pounds,
- bending, kneeling, and performing repetitive tasks
- work outside in a variety of weather conditions – hot, cold, rain, wind etc.
- starting wage $12.00/hr. This depends on experience and could be more for the right candidate.
Email your current resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Or mail to:
Sweet 16 Farm
21215 State 16
Houston, MN 55943
Applications accepted on a rolling basis with position to be filled by mid-April. Candidates must be able to visit the farm to have an in-person working interview.